Sunday, January 29, 2006

Because I FELT like it...
















Guess I had the upcoming move to NZ on my mind when I made this little flightless bird today. My stovetop attempt at felting him had limited success, but he is a little sturdier right now. Our friend Jenny gave me some hairy, organic, burgandy wool yarn that I thought would be good to use. It became even hairier after cooking the little kiwi a bit!

Reminds me a bit of a nanlet. Guess it would actually be more like a stevelet. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Sublime said...

Hi Steve,

I just found your blog by doing the "next blog" thing at the top of the page. Nice to find another blogger in Indiana.

I'm looking forward to reading more about you.

If you get a chance, come answer a few questions at my Q&A blog called, The Big Question. I post a new question each day and would be interested in reading your answers!
http://bigquestion2day.blogspot.com

Take care,
Sublime

Jaye said...

Excellent bird! LOL, I love it.

Stephen said...

Thanks! Great to see some new faces here. Please swing by any time!!!

Crafty Andy said...

You are just too famous for your own good. Have a Kiwi on Me.