Thursday, January 19, 2006

back again

So, inertia kicked my ass and I haven't started back blogging like I thought I would. The important thing is that I'm getting back in the swing of doing some 'stuff' again worth blogging about! ;)

My dig cam is still packed up from vacation, so I'll have to bore you with words for now. My latest, greatest obsession is soap making. Using my program's budget, I recently purchased some glycerin blocks, a "Life of the Party" soap kettle (glorified crock pot) and some misc essential oils and such. Craft group went way better than expected Monday, and I wish I had pics to share of all of the great soap that we all made! For sure I'll have some by next Monday since we are doing it again (but adding more cool stuff like oatmeal and such).

I haven't been hooking much yet, but I'm actually designing my first afghan square. Conceptually, it is really cool, but I haven't had the guts to try it for real yet. I've got some practice yarn that I will use. It is actually one of two patterns I want to try to work out. The one that I'm actively problem-solving is inspired by the eye of a peacock feather. The other one will be more of a free-form lily-pad/pond kind of thing (I think). I'm really excited about putting my thoughts into action. If I ever get a semi-coherent pattern worked out that actually looks decent, I will certainly post it on the site to share.

Well, gotta get back to work, but wanted to post so that I'm officially blogging again!!!

5 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

Hey Steve! I am so happy you e-ed me! Now I know how to find you. I am adding you to my bloglines so I can see how your new afghan square designs are shaping up. Keep on hooking...smoochies.

Stephen said...

Thanks for visiting!
No matter how long I stay away from it, I think I'll always be a hooker! ;)

~drew emborsky~ said...

Glad to see you back! Missed ya dude!!!

Can't wait to see the Steve-orginal designs! Go dude go!

Crafty Andy said...

You have been commented by the best so better work your square off and we want pictures. LOL. We are here to torment you, I mean to support you. Watch out I think Lady Linoleum left some of her killer tomatoes here.

Stephen said...

Oh the pressure... ;-)

I guess I'll have to do my own mission "shock and awe" (lol). I'm planning on being craftier than ever this week! Thanks for the support y'all!