Sunday, January 22, 2006

my jellyfish!

So yesterday, I had THREE long, boring meetings to sit through (why call it human services if I'm not ever available to serve the human's that we are there for?...). By the third meeting, I had to occupy my mind with something fun so that I didn't start sobbing in front of my supervisors.

My mind wandered to Lady Linoleum's amazing crochet jellyfish. Although I am certainly still a novice when it comes to crochet, I've been thinking alot about how to work different things recently. SO, I had this idea, and today had to see if it worked. I pulled some vintage Coats and Clark "Baby Wintuk" - 'Pompadour' and my trusty H-hook and started hooking away.

Although it pales in comparison to Regina's, I was ecstatic to see that it worked! I really am happy with it! One thing I like about this yarn is the extra strand of 'bling' worked in; I don't think you can see it in the picture. Reminds me of the refractive quality of some of the jellyfish we saw recently at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga (if you are ever passing through, GO!).

Can't wait to make some more!!!!

Additional comment: Due to insomnia, I've created a pattern that I hope others are able to follow. If you want to try to make your own jellyfish creature, go to my new pattern page!

7 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

That's really fantastic dude!

Stephen said...

Thanks dude!!!

Crafty Andy said...

I really like it, it looks like a nice thing to have to play while I take my naps. I can watch it from my crib LOL. This is very cool, you rock dude!!!

LadyLinoleum said...

It's awesome! And you beat me to the punch with the pattern. Good for you!

Hey, when I get my pattern done. Should be soon as I am pattern testing now, I will link to yours as well if you'd like.

It's coolio!

Chapeltree said...

Wow. Interesting timing. I watched a show on PBS last night about the Monterey Aquarium in California. They had a really cool piece on jellyfish.
Looking forward to going to the Chattanooga Aquarium soon!

Stephen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Lady Linoleum, you can link to anything you want to, as long as you don't mind people throwing monster tomatoes at you if there are serious mistakes!!! ;)

Jaye said...

That is so cool! And way better looking than any jelly fish I may have accidently stepped on out on the east coast. ;-)