Friday, January 27, 2006

Project KIWI





OMG! We are moving to New Zealand!!!!

On a lark, I applied for a faculty position at the Southern Institute of Technology, teaching Recreation Therapy classes. Not only was I offered the position (with great moving assistance, etc.), but my wife and I have decided to leave sanity behind and move around the world with our family!!!!
I'm moving in about 4 weeks, so I'm SWAMPED with work and stress. However, I do have time to say that I've already located a LYS in Invercargill (the city we will live in). I'm thinking with all of the sheep on the south island, they should have some AMAZING wool yarn available. (?!)
More soon!!!!

6 comments:

Squishybear said...

Oh wow! That is wild!

Like Kev says, you better keep in touch! :D

Stephen said...

Going to keep blogging for sure!

Hopefully, with some great pics of fine wool yarn, Southern auroras, country-side, etc!

Thanks for stopping by you two!

Crafty Andy said...

If you don't blog, one day you will come from work and Kevin and I will crochetting at your front porch and will make you blog. What a great opportunity and all that wool you will have access to. The Lord of the Rings comes to mind. May your journey be without incidents.

Jaye said...

How very exciting, Steve! I'm so happy for you and your family! Although I've never been, I have friends in NZ and it is so very, very beautiful. Best of luck to you & your family.

Jaye

PS glad to see you plan on continuing the blog - you'd surely be missed if you didn't ;-)

~drew emborsky~ said...

Hope you have a guest bedroom. I'm just saying...

LadyLinoleum said...

Awesome! I am going there in late September. Maybe I'll drop you a line!