Tuesday, October 11, 2005

weekend trip/knitting lesson




We had a nice trip up to Indiana Dunes State Park this past weekend. This was my first time visiting a 'great' lake, and I was amazed how much it reminded me of the gulf. It was too cold to swim, but a nice enough day to play in the sand. Can you see Chicago across the lake?

We stayed in a nice Inn in the town of Porter. Oh, how I miss the pool and hot tub! :(

I found a very interesting looking yarn shop in Valaprasio (sp?) on the way home, but of course it was closed on Sundays. Next time...

Thanks to Cathy who showed me how to cast-on and begin knitting today. Knitting feels very alien to me compared to crochet, but I think it will be fun to play with. I've got a lot of practicing to do before I feel comfortable. Guess I will start with the obligatory scarf...

3 comments:

Chapeltree said...

That bottom picture looks like Greece, the sky is so blue. Keep us posted about how you are enjoying the knitting.

~drew emborsky~ said...

I love the dunes of Lake Michigan!!

Stephen said...

I really was amazed. I don't know how much longer we will live in Indiana, but I am vowing to see more of the dunes before we leave!