Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....


Strange how happy it makes me to work on the poncho again. I was starting to stress that the Bartlett yarn would never come in to my LYS. But here it is, and the dye lot matches just fine. If you've never used Bartlett before, I highly recommend it. I'm sure I've said this before, but what's wrong with a little perseveration?: They don't wash all of the lanolin out of this yarn so even though it isn't the softest wool around, your hands feel great when working with it and it smells fantastic. You can order straight off of Bartlett's website.
Oh Elise, you may actually get your poncho before the cold weather hits!!!

3 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

The cold weather hasn't hit yet? If they didn't wash out the lanolin does that make it waterproof? Am I asking too many questions?

Stephen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephen said...

I removed my first response because I used the term "indian summer" and realized I don't know if that is PC or not. Some common lingo is really uncool once you find out the origins... I'll have to do some research.

Anyhoo, it is much warmer than typical here, although we've had a few cool "bursts". Nothing to qualify as truely 'cold' yet though.

Good question on the lanolin. I'm for anything that will prevent this baby from accidentally felting in the rain though! ;)