Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Infatuation with stockings....



I'm about to jump out of my skin waiting for my Bartlett yarn to come in so that I can finish Elise's poncho. I need a few more skeins of 'Bark'. It has been well over a month since I ordered them. I want to support my LYS, but I'm close to ordering the rest on-line...

Since I couldn't work on the poncho, I swung by my local Hobby Lobby last night just to 'browse'. I became intrigued with some of the "Yarn Bee" brand yarns (Hobby Lobby's brand). I kept coming back to the "Infatuation" line. I know I've been singing my praises of wool recently, but this stuff (100% Nylon) feels like down! So browsing turned to buying when I realized this yarn that is normally $8.88/skein was marked down to less than $6/skein. This is a picture of the stocking I'm working on. I remember now why I shy away from such frilly yarn... it is sooooo hard to see the stitches. I'm feeling my way through it though.

No comments: