Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mimi's mini Martha poncho



I've been fondling the same yarn every time I go to Hobby Lobby. I finally committed myself to using it for a jumper for Mimi. When I went to pick it up, there was only one skein left (and my Hobby Lobby is not the best about restocking...).

Sooo... since I couldn't leave empty handed, I picked up some 'Yarn Bee' Italia yarn in colors that my wife likes to dress our two year old in. After I brought it home, the yarn told me that it wanted to grow up to be a poncho.

Although I have several friends who aren't so fond of Martha Stewart, I think she is pretty amazing. I searched the internet for a small version of Martha's freedom poncho. Although the pattern I found looked good, there were legions of errors in the text. No matter though. After I understood the basic concept, I just went with it, and feel that it turned out well. I'll be sure to post a picture later of Mimi wearing it.

BTW - Martha, in case you are reading this, feel free to drop me a line sometime, okay? ;)

6 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

ooh, looky how cute!!!

Good job dude! One down, 199 more to finish today!!

Stephen said...

lol..thanks Drew. Hey, I never claimed to be the prolific one... I think you filled that job opening!

~drew emborsky~ said...

If you want Martha to call you must work work work, work some more, and no sleeping or crying. This is what I've been learning from her Apprentice show.

Stephen said...

I can dream, can't I?! :(

Crafty Andy said...

Very nice project Steve, is a very cute little Martha Poncho. She looks tough.

Stephen said...

Thanks Andy!

Mimi is definitely going to be the boss of the two boys in our family. Don't let the foofy poncho fool you... ;-)