Sunday, February 26, 2006

SIT for a spell...



I can't believe that I only have two days left with my family before flying around the world and to the southern hemisphere! This is a picture of SIT (Southern Institute of Technology) in Invercargill, where I will be teaching.

This week has been psychotic in dealing with last second details related to my work visa (which was approved and arrived Thursday!) and finishing up my last days at my current job. My co-workers through me a huge bash last Saturday night (I think I've recovered...) and we had a big party at work yesterday afternoon for staff and clients. Walking out of a job that I've put so much of my heart into for five and a half years was a very emotional experience. It was neat to see little bits of me almost everywhere I looked in the program. As much as my job stressed me out at times, I will greatly miss it and all of the great people I worked with. Hopefully some will stay in touch!

Well, back to my checklist of what to fly over and take time for a few extra deep breaths.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Best of luck in your new job and location, Steve. Good thoughts and prayers to you for a very safe journey.

Jaye

Stephen said...

Thanks Jaye!!! I had good flights and am adjusting to this half of the world!