Tuesday, February 14, 2006

charge it to my visa

Interesting fact: Growing tulips in New Zealand is a specialized gift brought by Dutch migrants back in the 50's. Now the kiwis export millions of tulip bulbs back to the Netherlands and around the world. This picture is of a commercial tulip farm outside of Invercargill (the city we are moving to).

I've been in semi-crisis mode as it didn't seem like I could possibly get my visa in time to start work. Much of this is due to my ignorance of the ENTIRE process. I kind of fell into this job, unlike many US migrants who researched and prepared for years before finding a job in NZ. Regardless, we're working it all out, and it looks like with a lot of work in a short amount of time, everything should fall into place.

Now, where to start with cleaning out my office at work????...

2 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

It must be great to see a new world. It will be full of all kinds of wonders. I think your kids will love it as well.

~drew emborsky~ said...

I'm so thrilled for you! And that photo is amazing. Oh the things you'll have to blog about!!!