Monday, February 27, 2006

crafty closure

Okay, so today is my last day in the states for quite a while. Don't you think that is a good time to dig through your garage and find a random project to complete?

Introducing Rosa.

I dig paper mache (sp?) projects, and sometime right after we moved to Indiana (Fall of 2000), I somehow became inspired to create Rosa. I had several thoughts along the way on how she would evolve; at one point, she thought about being a vampire or zombie even. Now she is just a body-less socialite who still thinks a fur collar is okay to wear... Oh Rosa.

I actually went into the garage to dig out some shoes. There was Rosa, peaking out of a pile of other random 'stuff'. I also noticed nearby were a couple of wrapping paper rolls that I used to start decorating her with way back when. I figured she at least deserved a complete head of hair. Although I know it is controversial, I even helped complete her fur collar.

Now that she is as complete as a stand-alone head can be, she told me that she does NOT want to travel to New Zealand. Guess it is time to move on. I am therefore sending her to a friend in blogland who I think might enjoy Rosa's banter better than I do.

Oh, to have a psychotic break right before packing.....

4 comments:

Pyo said...

Hello from another crafter,
I like papier maché (French spelling) too, I used to indulge regularly in it when I was a teen, now I mostly crochet and fold (origami, kirigami).
I like your work, it's really cool.

Chapeltree said...

So...are you in New Zealand?

And, huh, that new profile picture doesn't really look like you.

But I do like your paper head woman.

Brenda

LadyLinoleum said...

OMG, if this is what you are sending me I will love you FOR-EVER!

Stephen said...

Thank you all (I'm sure Rosa would thank you too... if she was in a good mood...). Regina, I hope you really do like it. I left it ready to ship, and my wife was kind enough to volunteer to drop it in the mail when she goes by the post next...