Saturday, September 03, 2005

Katrina devestation

Last night, I finally allowed myself to watch footage of New Orleans and surrounding areas. Without even letting myself think too deeply about how I would react if I was in the same situation with my family, my anxiety still went sky high. Since then, I have seen a video clip of a completely staged interaction between our pathetic president and supposed to be 'random' citizens on the street and a picture on Yahoo of a woman wrapped up in an american flag blanket to stay dry from the rain. Would you like some fries with your propoganda today????
As horrifying as this disaster is, I'm hoping the following good can surface during this crisis:

1) Americans give up their state of being 'Bushwhacked' and realize that our president is a self-centered con (still more worried about 'looting' than suffering and dying...)
2) We (as Americans) see that the devestation in other countries that we see is REAL and can happen to us. We need to unify and help each other out in this world.
3) We each find a way, no matter how small, to help someone out in crisis. I know it is more symbolic than practical, but I MUST find a way to do something positive for the victims of the hurricane.

And so my rant is over. This is just the tip of the iceberg of my feelings, but I kind of intended to keep this blog light....

Give to the red cross.

No comments: