Sunday, February 10, 2008

christmas eve with andy

A chilly picnic on christmas eve in Yellowwood Forest

We called these "sapsickles" aka "snotsickles"

Happy times
Andy thought this looked like a hippo in the water. What do you think?
Dad, can we please move? I'm FREEZING!


Into the woods
This is what its all about...
More frozen sap



Shot from our "Rock hunting contest"
Andy and I share a love for cool fungi
Dam beavers! :)





Old local cemetary

Andy thought these cypress knees also looked like tombstones
We left small rock formations in strategic spots for a "Blair Witch" effect


Might be cold, but we loved the blue skies!!!



2 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Some good pictures here.

I'm blog surfing at work.

I've been looking at blogs from all around the world. And then I stumble upon yours. I'm in Madison Indiana. Do you know where that is?

I'm a writer, poet, part-time librarian, editor of a small press.

Please visit Promise of Light:

www.promiseoflight.org

and encourage others to do the same.

Thank you.

~ James

Stephen said...

Thanks for stopping by! We've visited Madison a few times. It's been a while though. What an attractive town!

I enjoyed browsing your site and will definitely share it with others!