Friday, January 26, 2007

Solve the mystery...

Those who know us, know we like to collect (aka hoard) a variety of stuff. We both like art pottery, although pieces we like are usually ridiculously expensive. Recently, I acquired the following three pieces that I am very fond of. If anyone has any idea of maker or other information, LET ME KNOW!!! (...please)



I won this one on an internet auction very reasonably. It is unmarked, and although you can't tell in the picture, it is a light, pastel blue-greenish color with faint rose-colored glaze mixed in in places. It's around 13" tall.



I found these in an antique shop in Nelson while on holiday. I found the blue one and knew immediately that I would buy it. The shop owner dug out the other one from across the store, saying that he purchased them at the same time. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so here we are. They are approx. 9.5" tall, and again, unmarked. However, after too much time surfing the net, I found a similar vase that was made by Fulper. Most Fulper pottery is marked, but the shape and glaze styles do fit... Any ideas?
I know this isn't a report on vacation yet, but it is kind of related - the pair was purchased then and the other was waiting on our return... :)

1 comment:

Jaye said...

No info on the pottery for ya, but they are all beautiful pieces ;)