Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm such a tramp...

So hiking is called tramping and trekking over here, and since I prefer the shorter variety, I'm called a tramper. Here's some pics from some of my tramping around. From Oreti beach here in town:

This is from some trails in Kilmock Bush which in a park on the way to the beach. These yellow flowers smelled amazing. I didn't know it, but the trail this day ended here at a river.

This is from Moore's reserve overlook in Riverton. Riverton is the cutest town and has some amazing views from up here. The dense bush I walked through to get to the top is just like a rain forest.


To see a few more pictures from these walks, go here.
Mo Momo Mohair
So my favorite LYS had this great mohair on clearance. I decided to make my mother-in-law a shawl/wrap out of it. Okay, so she might look like a psychotic peacock in heat while wearing it, but it is some really fun yarn!

Unfortunately, I started this project while watching foregin films, and didn't pay enough attention to what I was doing. This thing is six and a half feet long!!! I'm not sure what to do, except keep on going and finish it up. I guess if she gets out of hand while visiting, I can always make it into a mohair straight jacket and tie her up! Any other useful suggestions on what to do would be GREATLY appreciated! ;)

A scout is thrifty...

While my wife is busy getting rid of all of our accumulated 'stuff', I'm over here busily hording new stashes. How can I help it when I've found such a groovy thrift store near bye? I'm trying to show some restraint, but I have to admit I've already brought home TWO cool 50s kitchen tables...
This is a really cool set (I love old plastic stuff...) that I think once was part of a picnic set. I figure the little ones will have fun with it in their play kitchen.

3 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

"...she might look like a psychotic peacock in heat while wearing it..."

That's just about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! LOL

The photos are fantastic. Keep 'em comin'!!

Crafty Andy said...

That's just the beer talking, LOL, or maybe is in the label. Great yarn and we need more pictures of you in the background otherwise I think you are making it all up.

Stephen said...

"...she might look like a psychotic peacock in heat..."

The funny thing is, you probably wouldn't be able to completely blame the shawl...

More pictures to come soon. I'll have to get some evidence photos with me in them!